PHYSICAL COPIES OF NOTORIOUS AVAILABLE HERE (WHEN IN STOCK)
NOTORIOUS is a sci-fi tabletop roleplaying game for one player.
Play to tell stories of the Nomads; notorious bounty hunters who strike fear among the scum & villainy of the universe & follow the dubious code of the Nomad's Guild.
In the midst of an intergalactic war, you'll take on a lucrative contract from one of six factions. The job is simple: bring the target back, dead or alive—no disintegrations.
But your presence won’t go unnoticed.
Your growing reputation also attracts a series of hostiles. Suspicious locals who simply don’t like you (& their friends might not either), rival Nomads or faction agents working against you.
Survive these encounters & face off against your elusive target. Finish the job & receive credits & infamy, or fail to live up to the code & face the consequences.
- a simple but engaging solo roleplaying system, inspired by Ronin; just two six-sided dice are used to roll on tables, test for actions & resolve combat
- two ways to play; fast-playing ARCADE MODE for quick action, or relaxed STORY MODE for journalling fans
- six Nomad profiles; the ARMOUR, BOT, ASSASSIN, BRUTE, SCOUNDREL or UNCANNY
- random tables, planet profiles & character generators, to help inspire your story & encourage replays
- one-shot adventures or anthology stories; epilogues let you end your game or continue your Nomad's tale
PRESS & AWARDS
NOTORIOUS was named one of the 20 Best Tabletop Roleplaying Games of 2022 by Gizmodo. Here's some nice things the author had to say:
"I will fully admit that solo games are a hard sell for me. But Notorious is the exception to the rule, creating an immersive and wonderful game experience that makes it feel as if I’m sitting at a table with friends." - Lin Codega
You can watch a few reviews & actual plays of NOTORIOUS on YouTube here:
WRITING & GAME DESIGN
(A Complicated Profession, LAST SENTINELS)
(Bucket of Bolts, Orbital, LAST SENTINELS)
LAYOUT & DESIGN CONSULTATION
(Artefact, Bucket of Bolts, Orbital, The Slow Knife)
(TORQ, this discord has ghosts in it, Black Mass)