hi, I'm an Italian roleplayer who loved Polaris and who loves this setting you used. Would you be interested in an Italian adaptation?
A downloadable game
The people of AUGUR-V had been cast into the stars,
pursued by the vengeful forces of the New Alliance.
But one Sentinel pilot still offered them hope.
This is their story.
LAST SENTINELS is a GM-less storytelling tabletop roleplaying game for 3 or 4 players.
It focuses on one main protagonist, a gifted young civilian who escapes the besieged planet of AUGUR-V on a titanic starship with their remaining people.
They must defend these survivors against overwhelming odds as a vast fleet pursues the ship through their former empire.
But your protagonist is doomed.
Their story will end in death or betrayal when they succumb to the intense pressures of hope, despair, scheming foes and high-stakes mech combat.
LAST SENTINELS FEATURES:
- a unique system of spoken key phrases, story negotiation and tragic downfall, inspired by Polaris: Chivalric Tragedy at Utmost North
- a shared player sheet to track an evolving cast of characters and resources
- roles and responsibilities based on where players sit around the table, rather than a traditional GM
- ‘narrative-duelling’ over the fate of your characters using wit, creativity and a chart of powerful key phrases to interrupt each other's scenes and introduce offers that require tough decisions
- a game ‘timer’ that introduces a key enemy and raises the stakes, ensuring that death or betrayal are inevitable
- one-shot rules for shorter games or to help introduce new players
- alternative campaign rules, where each player takes control of their own Sentinel pilot, with roles rotating around the table
LAST SENTINELS also features mecha-themed graphic design and artwork, a narrative prologue, safety tools, examples of play and resources to help generate and create your story and characters.
PRESS & AWARDS
LAST SENTINELS was nominated for the 2022 Indie Groundbreaker Awards in two categories: Most Innovative Game and Game of the Year!
WRITING & GAME DESIGN
(A Complicated Profession, NOTORIOUS)
GRAPHIC DESIGN & LAYOUT
(Primeval, What We Give To Alien Gods, Orbital Blues, Hull Breach)
(Bucket of Bolts, Orbital, NOTORIOUS)
(TORQ, this discord has ghosts in it, Black Mass)
Sam Leigh (@GoblinMixtape) has put together a LAST SENTINELS playlist, showcasing the mood of the game and some of the key influences.
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $10 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Support this game at or above a special price point to receive something exclusive.
Claim a free copy of LAST SENTINELS if you're marginalised/in need.
Please consider leaving a nice review or 5-star rating if you enjoy the game!
Over 300 community copies are available thanks to my Kickstarter backers.